Sunday 1 March 2009

Lost Souls - Poppy Z Brite

Okay so, Lost Souls is pretty much my favourite book ever in the world. I love it so much. This si the cover on the book that I have, the one that Leigh is borrowing at the moment.
It's pretty bad quality a picture, but it was the best I could find. I would have scanned my own copy, but it's not in my posession at the moment.
During my Foundation course, we had to redesign the cover of a book of our choice, and I obviously chose this one. I had so much fun with it and really liked the outcome. I would show you a picture of the sketchbook that went with it, but it's back home in Grimsby, tucked under my desk. The thing was immense though, and weighed a ton.




This is the cover of the book that I designed for that project, and I really liked it. It was the result of lots of layering and blending and that's actually my eye, just tweaked a lot.

And then, on an adventure of surfing deviantART, I come across this. A Russian artist known only as fya-shellk as made her own copy of the book, complete with all her own beautiful illustrations.

I would pay good money to own oe of these, but unfortunately, it's one-of-a-kind, so I can't. Her work is completely beautiful though and it must feel so good to have such a unique copy of a favourite novel. I'm jealous, clearly, but I'm very impressed.

Here are a few examples of the double page spreads inside the book.

:[. Want.

-HJ x

No comments: