Sunday 23 November 2008

Stina Persson

Stina Persson is one of my favourite artists, and as you can see from the work below, it's simply beautiful. I may, or may not, have mentioned before that I love working in all kind of materials, paints, inks, pastels, you name it.

I came across this artist in a book called...Illusive, I believe, a year or so ago at my last college and fell in love with the technique. I rushed out and bought masking fluid, that's safe to say.

Persson works with cut paper and inks, though my favourite of her styles are her watercolour pieces, some of which are shown below. She masks areas off and then just goes nuts with the paint, and it's same to say that the result is amazing.



I even tried to adapt the technique myself, and wow is it a messy job. After lots of failed attempts and lost of mess, I finally came up with ine that worked, and here it is!


Obviously it's a lot cleaner and sharper than Persson's technique, but I'll definately be giving this one more work in the future. It was good fun. I look wierd in watercolour.

-HJ x

No comments: