Wednesday 12 November 2008

No News is Good News part 2

From those little sketches that I posted before about carbon footprints and angry looking clouds and carrier bags, this was what was created.

The brief was to create a series of three posters, 2:1 A3 format, one made of image, one made of type, and one combined. No black or white was allowed, apparently that included paper stock, but I was safe when it came to that because I printed on brown paper. I love that. It gives everything more of an 'eco' feel.


I would have uploaded the posters seperately so that you could see the detail, but for some reason blogger turned them blue when they loaded up, and photobucket turned them pink, so you'll have to make do with a photograph of them on the wall. Ignore the post-its, they were people voting for the one which they thought answered the brief the best. Mine got four votes, yay! Well chuffed.

These are the posters from my classmates that made it into my favourites

This one's Gareth's. It's very attention grabbing, as you can see, and the message is clear and well thought out.

This one belongs to Loz. I love it despite the fact that the yellow one didn't exactly work out the way she had hoped. Still though, works as a set and it's interesting/amusing.And Ollie's, which was cleverly thought out and well exectued in my opinion. Drawing attention to the cliches that are all over the place in graphic design at the moment. Love it, I voted for this one.

-HJ x

No comments: