Sunday 4 January 2009

Packaging Design

So I've been lurking around lately, and really, I haven't gotten a lot of work done at home yet.Some, but not an extensive amount. I'm a little umotivated and spend my days watching Miami Ink. Plus, Santa brought me the flu for christmas and that kind of knocked me out. Anyway, here's some awesome packaging design that I've discovered during my surfing.

Andy Mangold redesigned the Monopoly packaging, and I think it looks so much better. It looks much classier and suits such a classic game, rather than the gaudy packaging that we often see the game in. You can see the details and the rest of the redesign here.
This packaging for baby converse was designed by Ronny Poon. Personally, I love the lace up detail on the box, and according to the designer, provides some form of child learning benefit. A quote from the designer is:

"A fun package for toddlers’ Converse shoes. It helps improve children’s motor skills by allowing the child to lace-up the box. When 5 boxes are collected they can be placed together to form the Converse star."

I can't see a toddler needing five pairs of Chucks, but fair enough. I thought it was aesthetically pleasing.This is possibly the best condom packaging I have ever seen in my life. This design was entered into the Sex & Sundhed packaging competition by Mads Jakob Poulsen and Robert Nagy. It's simple and humorous, and well, it gets the message across.

-HJ x

No comments: