Friday 16 January 2009

I HAS BOOK

Look at that, I made that all by myself today in the Book Binding workshop with Printroom Roger. It took most of the day, I never really realised how much went into making a book, it's a lot more complex than you'd think!

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the workshop today and I'm well proud of the book I managed to make, I mean, seriously, not bad for a first attempt. I've always wanted to know how to do this, so it's a skill I definately wanna work on. I want to try all different kinds of binding methods and see what I can do.

I'd quite like to try making a book without a hard spine like that, where you can see the stitching and the cover is just sewn right onto it, but it looks like that'll be a project for another day, because I have to have a 32 page book ready for Monday. I should be able to manage that, I hope, and thankfully it doesn't have to be bound like this.
By the way, this is referred to as 'Perfect Binding'. Mine's not perfect but with practice, I could get this down just right.

-HJ x

No comments: