Monday 6 October 2008

Craptastic typeface


So I'm here again, still don't have the video that I said I'd upload. Oops.

Since then I've completed another weeklong brief, though this one was really not fun. Not a good piece of work. I actually thought I'd produced something good until I pinned it up and looked at everyone else's. Yikes.



The idea was there, and had it been printed on brown paper, it would probably have looked more like the garment pattern that it was supposed to. I'll probably do that before I have to hand it in with the rest of the module. And add a tiny pair of scissors into it, so that it's a little more obvious that it's there to be cut out.

I had a really good second idea for this project,
so much better than this one, but it only occured to me about an hour before the deadline as I was filling in the design sheet. Oh well. I still have time to run with the idea before I have to hand it in with the rest of the module. Type is actually kind of interesting.

I got yet another brief given to me today, though this one's much more interesting, to make a font based on the personality of someone else in the class. I got a couple of ideas right now, but time will tell. This is really stepping out of my comfort zone for me, because my work in the past has been very messy and grungy, and the person I have to design for it really neat and precise when it comes to his designs. Just have to wait and see what I come out with really. I'm off to play with some paint now.

Laters x

No comments: