Monday 27 October 2008

Beautiful Type

Okay so, after surfing the web for a good while, I have encountered a good few examples of typography that is just, yeah, brilliant. I love it.

This one below is called Garamond Powerline and was designed by Daniel Adolph, at least, that's what I can work out from the rather unhelpful website that it came from: Here. Granted, I saw this picture below irst, and you can't tell exactly what it is because it's quite small, I sill found it loely and clicked the link to investigate further, where i found the closeups of each letter and wow, I really think that's it's amazing. I've never seen anything like it, it really is pretty original. I love all the wires leading off of them, and even though they don't meet, it still looks great when the letters are placed together in a word.

This image has been designed by SHCH Graphics Group and was found on here. I think that it's a beautiful piece of typography, and it was done entirely by hand with a pen. I think it looks all the better for the fact that it's silver on black paper. I think it makes it a lot more interesting to look at than had it been black on white.

I love that this image has been printed onto paper that has just been found, all creased and stained, it is so obviously recycled and makes me think of art that is eco friendly. I really do like eco art. I guess I would kind of call myself a bit of an Eco Warrior. Ths image was designed by debruehe on DeviantART.

The same story goes for this image, I love the whole recycled feel of the image. Personally, I love working with texture, so this image stands out to me. This was designed by fabianohikaru on DeviantART.

Finally, the image below was designed by DryBones90 on DeviantART, and I think that it is a very interesting use of typography. I love to see images maeup entirely of type, and while I've never tried to use this technique myself, I would love to give it a go someday.

For some reason, the journal is cutting off half of my images, so if you want to see them, you'll have to click them to see the full image. Sorry about that.

- HJ x

1 comment:

David Gasi said...

the bottom 3 are great, I especially like the spam one. thanks for sharing!