Friday 13 February 2009

Module 102 Evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN LEVEL 01
Module Code OUGD102
Module Title DESIGN PROCESS


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME HANNAH JACKSON BLOG. ADDRESS HANNAHJACKSONBAGD.BLOGSPOT.COM

1. What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

During this module I have learnt a lot about book binding and I feel that I have applied this newfound skill quite well throughout this module.


2. What approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have begun to let my research and development guide my work rather than having an idea to start with, though I do need to get my mind off the final resolution.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

Illustration seems o be one of my stronger points within this particular module, this is something I would like to experiment further with.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
Doing things in the right order is one of my weaknesses, I can’t seem to break my habit of working towards a final resolution rather than experimenting more in my development work and letting that lead me.
I also need to do more thorough research.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. More thorough research.
2. More development before I choose an idea.
3. Manage time better.
4. More mock ups.
5. Not take on too much.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
1 2 3 4 5
Attendance 5
Punctuality 5
Motivation 3
Commitment 4
Quantity of work produced 3
Quality of work produced 4
Contribution to the group 4

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments: