Sunday 1 February 2009

32 Page Book of 100.

After collecting all of our research on the subject of choice, which for me was movement. In hindsight I wish I'd done something different, it took me a while to come up with this idea. We had to somehow put our 100 things into a book of 32 pages. Granted, I didn't have quite 100, but I still like how the book turned out.

This first picture is from the early pages of the book, and to demonstrate a form of movement, I wrote the words in the dark using a torch. It took a while to get right. Each word is actually a different picture that I meshed together to make the sentence. I blacked out my window and set my camera on the tripod and went mad really.

This is another example of light moving, that I created with my camera on the tripod with a 30 second shutter speed. The lights and light trails were caused by me throwing glowsticks at the wall from behind the camera. I really like how the image turned out, and got some really interesting shots.
Such as these:
The idea of my book was to document movement as a 'how to draw' guide. So I took pictures of the stages of movements with my flatmates, who were very helpful, and then put them on the lightbox and created simple line sketches. I would have lined them properly in Illustrator, but time management was a bit of an issue at the time, so I didn't. I think they still look okay though.This is a collection of the images of the finished book, showing each double page spread. The print quality wasn't amazing, because I just printed it out on the printer in my room. It's good, but it's not that good. Anyway, it seemed to get a good response. People liked it.
I'd like to re-do it with illustrator smooth images and decent prints, but that's a task for another day.

-HJ x

No comments: