Wednesday 1 April 2009

What is line resolution

I decided to put my paintings and my what is line exploration into context by creating a HOW TO craft book for parents to do with their kids.

The audience of the book is the parents of the children, and not the children themselves because the majority of crafts within the book should be done under parental supervision.

I looked at lots of different stocks to print the pages out onto like tracing paper, sugar paper, brown paper...

But the book was really the clearest and the cleanest on white paper, so that's what I went with. I wanted the cover to be highly visible, so I used Magenta and Yellow to really make it stand out to attract attention of the people who pass it. 

The book is A5 and consists of eleven double page spreads with one craft idea on each. I am very pleased with the resolution. Wop wop!
 

I mentioned that I looked at the idea of printing this out onto brown paper, and I really liked the test piece that I printed out, so I decided to make a mini version of the book on brown paper, using both the stock and testing out another scale.

The book was very small, and pocket sized, but I think that it is too small and easily losable.


1 comment:

Adam Townend said...

I like the continuity you have shown here. Using a full bleed image on one page really helps the spreads. Really professional look