Thursday 9 April 2009

Old LPs

Again, raving through the loft, I came across several interesting album covers. My mum has good taste in music, I can say that much.

Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell. Illustration by Richard Corben.

My mum bought this album in 77.



Led Zepplin - Physical Graffiti. The designers of this include Peter Corriston, Elliot Erwitt and Dave Heffernan.
Clever design.
1975.





Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time. Artists - Pierre D'Auvergne and Eddie Brash.

The whole thing unfolds into a shield!

1975




The whole album was inspired by and based on the Elric novels by Michael Moorcock.


Another Hawkwind album, this time The Chronicle of the Black Sword, again inspired by and based on the Elric novels by Michael Moorcock. The artists for this record are John Coulthart and Bob Walker.
I can't find the date on this one, but I'm going to say mid 70s.



Lovely, right?

-HJ x

No comments: